Newb w/ Genesis Silver

John B.

Just over 5 years ago, I met the woman who ended up being my wife; she had a Weber Genesis Silver for about 4 or 5 years before I met her (I think). The grill was rarely used in that time period before I met her, and I broke it in for her cooking for her before we got married. We still have the grill, and sometime over this winter, I decided it was so degraded it really wasn't worth messing with anymore. The burners are shot, the igniter is worthless, and the flavorizer bars are rusted through. We shopped online, did a lot of comparison, and settled on the newest Weber Genesis grills and decided to go buy one from Home Depot.

Funny thing happened at the Home Depot; we ended up buying one of those ceramic kamado grills! I love that ceramic grill and honestly, since we've purchased it, we've only used the Weber Genesis Silver once. But we decided to hang onto the ole' Weber and get it back in working order.

I've decided to take a vacation from work during the first week of August, and other than do nothing and play video games, I decided I'll also fix up that grill. So far I've ordered a new burner, igniter, flavorizer bars, and catch pan. My overall plan is to degrease and wash the whole grill, disassemble it, paint/polish all of the parts I can, and reassemble it.

Does anybody know if there are replacement hardware kits out there for sale or will I pretty much need to take all of my hardware to the Home Depot and find matches for everything?

I'm actually pretty excited about working on this grill and making it look and function like new!

Just over 5 years ago, I met the woman who ended up being my wife; she had a Weber Genesis Silver for about 4 or 5 years before I met her (I think). The grill was rarely used in that time period before I met her, and I broke it in for her cooking for her before we got married. We still have the grill, and sometime over this winter, I decided it was so degraded it really wasn't worth messing with anymore. The burners are shot, the igniter is worthless, and the flavorizer bars are rusted through. We shopped online, did a lot of comparison, and settled on the newest Weber Genesis grills and decided to go buy one from Home Depot.

Funny thing happened at the Home Depot; we ended up buying one of those ceramic kamado grills! I love that ceramic grill and honestly, since we've purchased it, we've only used the Weber Genesis Silver once. But we decided to hang onto the ole' Weber and get it back in working order.

I've decided to take a vacation from work during the first week of August, and other than do nothing and play video games, I decided I'll also fix up that grill. So far I've ordered a new burner, igniter, flavorizer bars, and catch pan. My overall plan is to degrease and wash the whole grill, disassemble it, paint/polish all of the parts I can, and reassemble it.

Does anybody know if there are replacement hardware kits out there for sale or will I pretty much need to take all of my hardware to the Home Depot and find matches for everything?

I'm actually pretty excited about working on this grill and making it look and function like new!

There probably is a replacement hardware kit available from Weber, but, you'd really be better off in the long run by changing over to stainless steel hardware from HD or Lowes.

John, first of all welcome to the forum. I have not seen full hardware replacement sets. You can buy the hardware replacement pieces through Ereplacement parts but they charge a fortune for them. I bought my stainless stuff from Fastenal. Most of the bolts are 1/4-20 so they are standard stuff. You might be better off going to Ace Hardware, most of the time they sell the bolts individually.

Back