Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Brand New Damper Design - "The Micro Damper"

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riku Naskali View Post
    Any change you could do a model that would accept a RJ45 Keystone connector inside it? I know it's going to be lot bigger, but those 4-pin jacks are impossible to find outside Mouser... I ordered some from ebay, but they are too long and won't fit inside the Microdamper assembly.

I wouldn't mind a bigger size, just would like to get a good looking connector securely inside the Microdamper.
    It's a great design, except for the connection. Not gonna risk frying my HM using a phono jack. Wish he would rethink the RJ45...

TVWBB Member
    I used the bigger size model. Connected all the wire directly to each other which eliminated the use of a jack. Makes it easier. Just use shrink wrap to make sure the wire donít touch and short. Obviously this will require a bit of soldering. Hope that helps.

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    Yeah the one I have I just soldered the ethernet cable directly to the blower and servo wires and then put a zip tie on it for strain relief and a rubber grommet. Its been sitting outside for 2 years now and still works perfectly.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

TVWBB Member
    Yeah, Bryan. Now that I think about it... you might have directed me to do this a few years back.
    Kamado Joe Classic

Does anyone happen to have the original design files? I would like to make some tweaks to the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Mayland View Post
    Yeah the one I have I just soldered the ethernet cable directly to the blower and servo wires and then put a zip tie on it for strain relief and a rubber grommet. Its been sitting outside for 2 years now and still works perfectly.
    Hi Bryan,

Did you modify the original design to accept 4 screws to hold the fan down? Or are you just using self tapping wood screws to hold the fan down? I'm tossing in between making this micro damper or the adapt-a-damper and the microdamper is very compelling since the prints are much less (both time and money wise).

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142