another pizza dough recipe

That's different, Barb's going to give it a try.

Barb has a pretty good winner already. I've been practicing :)

Homemade Thin Crust Pizza

Makes two 10 inch pizzas:

¾ cups lukewarm water
1 teaspoon active dry or instant yeast
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt

Combine the water and yeast in a mixing bowl, and stir to dissolve the yeast. The mixture should look like thin miso soup. Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until you’ve formed a shaggy dough.

Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface with corn meal on it. Knead until all the flour is incorporated, and the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. The dough should still feel moist and slightly tacky. If it’s sticking to your hands and counter top like bubble gum, work in more flour one tablespoon at a time until it is smooth.

If you have time at this point, you can let the dough rise until you need it or until doubled in bulk (about an hour and a half). After rising, you can use the dough or refrigerate it for up to three days.

Cover the dough with the upside down mixing bowl or a clean kitchen towel while you prepare the pizza toppings. Roll out dough on corn meal counter until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for five minutes and then continue rolling. I put corn meal on my peel to transfer it to either the grill or pizza stone. Bake about 10 minutes or until the crust is done.

The pizza dough looks to be worth trying......then the Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll copycat recipe caught my eye. Those will come before pizza.

For those too lazy to click da link

2-Ingredient Pizza Dough
makes 2 medium pizza crusts or one extra large pizza crust

1 cup Greek Yogurt (I used Fage Non-Fat Plain)
1 - 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

Combine yogurt and 1 cup flour in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Mix until combined, scraping down the bowl as necessary until combined. Knead on medium high for 5 minutes. *see cook's note for hand mixing method

Slowly add additional flour as necessary to help dough come together. Depending on how thick your yogurt is, you may need up to an extra 1/2 cup of flour. (I used the entire 1 1/2 cups)

Dust clean counter top with flour and remove dough from bowl. Knead a few turns until dough is tacky, but not sticky (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).

Roll out and top as desired. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes (adjust as needed).

Cook's Note: If mixing by hand combine ingredients in a bowl and mix with spoon until combined. Flip out onto a well floured counter top and knead 5-8 minutes.

If you do not have self-rising flour, you can substitute: 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Mix together and use as directed in the recipe

Back