Grilled Honey/Lime Watermelon Salad

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
OK, this barely qualifies for a grilled cook, but it's just too darn hot, and I wanted something cool.

Watermelon chunks, brushed with honey, ready to go onto a hot grill:
IMGP0338.jpg

On the grill (Boo! no grill marks!) for about 3 min. per side:
IMGP0340.jpg

Grilled, then chilled with added toppers & honey/lime sauce:
IMGP0344.jpg

The sauce:
juice from 2 limes, 3 TBS honey, 2 TBS melon juice, dash of Sriracha sauce, and a pinch of salt.

The toppers I used were:
sliced sweet & hot peppers, crumbled bacon, green onions, and goat cheese (cherry tomatoes too, but forgot to add before the pic)
Sprinkled with Penzey's Northwoods blend (Thanks Jim L!!) and some sauce over the top.

First time making this, and I thought it was great!
Don't know if it would taste much different without grilling the melon, but doing so should impress the guests!

I stopped scrolling down upon looking at the first picture. I was like "Now that's what I'm talkin' about! ****...I can definitely do THAT." LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
I stopped scrolling down upon looking at the first picture. I was like "Now that's what I'm talkin' about! ****...I can definitely do THAT." LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even that 1st "cook" pic would be hard to do if you've had as many Corona's as I've had tonight
icon_biggrin.gif

Is it just me, or is that grill not even on?
icon_biggrin.gif

Looks delicious Bob. And some fantastic grub for the weather we've been having.

Bob it sure looks like you have that new camera figured out, those are some great looking shots.

Hayden now that's funny
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone!

John,
I thought it was great, with lots of different flavors and a little heat on the back end.
I don't care for it, but cilantro should go well on it too.

I'm a weirdo and hate watermelon...I've got to say, though that that looks awesome!!

Great, unique cook, Bob!!

Back