$20 CL Find...Older Weber Genesis I think

Justin R

Just picked up this Weber gas grill off of craigslist for $20. I think it's an older Weber Genesis based on the wood side tables, 3 burners and 13 flavorizer bars.

Hooked a tank up to it and it fired right up even the igniter worked.

20140914_174027_zpsw3qquh8r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140914_124557_zpss3yjxorf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Can you guys help me out identifying the model year and what model it is exactly?

Give Weber a call, with the serial number they will be able to tell you the name of the model, the EO indicates that it was made in 1995.

The wood is a little bit worn but there is no rust on the frame at all and the inside looks like it's hardly been cooked in. No gunk build up at all. The flavorizer bars are just starting to show signs of rust. I think its in pretty good shape for being nearly 20 years old.

First time I fired it up it buried the needle in under 10 minutes.

The wood is a little bit worn but there is no rust on the frame at all and the inside looks like it's hardly been cooked in. No gunk build up at all. The flavorizer bars are just starting to show signs of rust. I think its in pretty good shape for being nearly 20 years old.

First time I fired it up it buried the needle in under 10 minutes.

On the flavorizer bars, if you only want to buy them once and have them last a lifetime, get a set made and sold by RCPlanebuyer on Ebay. If you want, I can give you his direct contact info. Also, there are other 3rd party flavorizers that are pretty good and less expensive than RC's or those from Weber. All depends on how much you want to invest and how long you want the bars to last.

BTW, post some inside pics :D

Justin, you got real good deal! It is the same model as mine, a Genesis 2000 LP that I just finished redoing. A little cleaning and it will look like new. If you replace the grates I would suggest going with the porcelain cast iron ones. I did about a year or so ago and really like them.

Here's the inside... I cleaned it up a little more after this.
20140916_175908_zpsnpocrkdy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140916_175916_zpsph1zd4ee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Back