Whats better than bacon? More kinds of bacon...

Mike Leiter

TVWBB Pro
Did another batch of cracked pepper and spice bacon last week and just pulled these off the smoker a few minutes ago. Maple flavored and smoked with peach wood this time. Should make for some really good bacon slices this time.

Also went this am and picked up some nice pork bellies finally from a farm not too far away. Nice and thick 2" -2 1/2" slabs this time. Paid a little more than I wanted to but they were skinless and nicer looking than the Asian store ones I have been getting. Came home with 2-10lb slabs. Thanks to this site my Dr is really going to be on my food choices again :) This stuff is so easy to make once you get all the supplies. Its even easier to fry up and eat ..

Maple with peach. Pics a bit blurred for some reason...

yeah..... Mike thanks to you I'll most likely get the Doc. talk also......
I have 12 pounds ready to smoke tomorrow...... first time...... with all the good advice I'm sure it will go well.
Thanks for the push....

yeah..... Mike thanks to you I'll most likely get the Doc. talk also......
I have 12 pounds ready to smoke tomorrow...... first time...... with all the good advice I'm sure it will go well.
Thanks for the push....

Its easy to do and with the cooler weather in NY it makes it easier to keep temps down. Used to live in Fairport/Rochester NY area myself. We just wont tell the Drs I guess :)

What in the world you doin' with all this bacon you've been makin? Besides eatin' it?

Its been going to both sets of parents, my kids houses and my good friends who ask for it. By the time they all get some it doeskin leave much in my possession anymore...LOL Its the reason I make large batches at a time now :)

I've been on a bacon/potato/egg burrito kick for a little while... not homemade bacon yet (I let mine spoil.....didn't cure it soon enough).

Back