22.5 wsm

MichaelD L

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up and really enjoy reading all the information being shared on this site. I just purchased the 22.5 WSM and can't wait to use it.

x36y.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I can but it is a little tricky, I am going to add some casters so it can be turned.

I actually just did all the brick work this weekend, it turned out really nice.

Welcome Michael from a fellow Louisianian! I am new here as well and like the site so far. I just picked up a 18.5 WSM myself and did my first cook on it last Sunday. So do you know what you are going to cook first in the WSM? Again welcome.

I can but it is a little tricky, I am going to add some casters so it can be turned.

In the grand scheme of things, you don't really need full access to all 3 vents. If it were mine, I'd rotate the base so a leg is pointed straight out. That should give you access to 2 vents and the 3rd would be straight back against the brick wall. I can control most cooks with just one vent, so having access to 2 should be fine for most cooks. If you're doing a high heat cook, you can open the back vent while loading up the charcoal ring and using the other 2 for fine tuning. Just a thought...

Hi Michael and welcome aboard.
Nice set up you have there. I have an S-330 also, it's a great grill.
Congrats on the new WSM, you will love it!

Back