Canned goods, 412 pounds of beef, a few ribs, and start of harvest.

Clay Neubauer

TVWBB Pro
Rained part of today so I stacked up a few of the things we have canned recently. Tomatoes, tomato juice, pasta sauce, salsa, pineapple salsa, tomato soup, peaches, peach jam, peach butter, peach chutney, jalapeno jelly, candied jalapenos, bread and butter pickles, and I probably forgot something. Hope to find time to make some apple butter too, but they aren't very ripe yet here.

Cannedgoods.JPG

Put half a beef in the freezer last week, I think between the two of these enterprises I should be pretty well set for days when the snow is so deep I don't want to go anywhere.

2013-09-30%2014.55.39%20_Large_.jpg

At one point there I got some ribs on the WSM.

Cannedgoods-2.JPG

And some yummy beans, full of peppers, onions, pork butt trimmings, and some Blues Hog sauce.

Cannedgoods-3.JPG

It tasted pretty good, served up with a Mojito and some peach caprese salad.

Cannedgoods-4.JPG

Probably better get busy with the real harvest now, hope I can find time to check in here once in awhile in the next couple months!

T1.JPG

Cartin.JPG

A lot of work going on at Clay's house for sure. Good looking canning and beautiful ribs to boot. Well done Clay

Yes, I think you might be set for a good snow. That's some awesome "canning"..........................d

Nice work all around Clay! Always love your photo's! Winter is coming, better get the beans in.

Last edited:
Excellent Clay.... Excellent Post!
Great Lookin' Hog Bones and Beans!!
Your photography is OUTSTANDING!

I should get a hog done again, there are enough contract finishers around here that it is pretty easy to get a cheap belly busted or otherwise undesirable pig that isn't worth much going through the normal channels. Worst thing is getting a slot to get scheduled to get in the locker. Kind of the same reason this wasn't one of our cattle, had a friend who was delivering several cattle to the locker and needed a home for some of it and my freezers were about empty so I said heck yeah I'll take one. Would have been a little cheaper to have used one of ours, but this was no hassle-just go and pick up the meat. It's still a good deal either way, you have to write a big check all at once but get your steaks, roasts, and ribs for what hamburger price is at the grocery store.

nice stock you have there! wouldn't mind getting into canning myself, just don't have the space or equipment for it.

Grew up with those images. Don't see those anymore in Alaska - the harvest and buying a side of beef. Plenty of canning though, getting ready for winter. No peaches, but lots of canned salmon and smoked salmon strips.

Back