What is WSM Smoke Day 9?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Back in 2005, TVWBB member Joel Kiess suggested that we pick a day when all Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker owners would barbecue in their own backyards and then share the results here on the discussion forum. Sort of a worldwide cookout to share our enthusiasm for barbecue and the WSM. The result was the first WSM Smoke Day on Memorial Day weekend of 2005.

This year, we will celebrate WSM Smoke Day 9 on Saturday, May 25.

The rules are pretty relaxed...
  • Barbecue whatever you like on your WSM.
  • Post a message in the Smoke Day Forum telling everyone what you cooked. If you can post photos, that's even better.
  • Make your mark on the Smoke Day map to indicate your intention to participate in Smoke Day.
  • If you can't cook on May 25, pick another day around May 25 and celebrate Smoke Day then.
  • If you don't own a WSM, buy one now from Amazon.com so you'll be ready for the big day! Otherwise, smoke on whatever ya got.
  • Your Smoke Day celebration is not complete without snazzy Smoke Day t-shirts, aprons, buttons, stickers, and other logostuff.
  • Feel free to post message describing your plans for the big day, and then don't forget to post as you're cooking throughout the day and then post a recap of how you dazzled your family, friends and neighbors with your barbecuing prowess.
Have fun,
Chris

ringer_t.jpg

"we pick a day when all Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker owners would barbecue in their own backyards.....Sort of a worldwide cookout."

I was wondering what that big smoke cloud was that I see once a year!

Are the mini WSM people counted in this or is it just a 18.5/22.5 WSM event? If it is just a big WSM event I understand completely! No hard feeling whatsoever here, gonna be cool to see this happen no matter what. Great idea on this Chris.

Are the mini WSM people counted in this or is it just a 18.5/22.5 WSM event? If it is just a big WSM event I understand completely! No hard feeling whatsoever here, gonna be cool to see this happen no matter what. Great idea on this Chris.

From the original post:

"If you don't own a WSM, buy one now from Amazon.com so you'll be ready for the big day! Otherwise, smoke on whatever ya got."

Credit for the idea goes to member Joel Kiess, not me!

Did I miss the aprons for sale? Its the one thing Im lacking, and a nice way to make a small contribution to this site!

Are the aprons pretty good sized, some of us are a maximum density ;)
speak for yourself Mike;)
Chris, how come no slouch ball caps?
(If you didn't already know, a slouch cap is a baseball cap that is not structured or supported on the sides like more traditional baseball caps are.)

Got the WSM ready to go for a 3 am start. Looking forward to a slightly cloudy forecast, but only because we will be filling up the skies with smoke! :D :wsm:

Back