Miss Piggy Mustard Sauce

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I always have a hard time finding this so I thought it deserved its own thread.

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Miss Piggy Mustard Sauce

1 cup Mustard
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Cider vinegar
1/4 cup Brown sugar, light
2 tablespoons Chili powder
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon White pepper
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Hot sauce
1 teaspoon Soy sauce, dark
2 tablespoons Butter

Combine all ingredients except soy sauce and butter. Add the vinegar last. Add to your desired thickness.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and add butter and soy sauce.

Stogie (aka Kevin Taylor)

I had to get out my recipe binder and see if this is the same sauce I have made in the past. Yep, and my wife has requested a fresh batch.

Just made a batch of this, very good! Nice taste, and then after sauce is gone here comes the heat!
I'll put this out with the #5 sauce for tomorrows brisket.

This is a great South Carolina style mustard bbq sauce. It belongs in your sauce recipe tool kit. I use sriracha sauce for the hot sauce. If you haven't tried sriracha you are missing out. It is available in the international food section of most Kroger stores. Add this to your Kansas City style sauce, Alabama White Sauce and Carolina Red piedmont sauce and you will step up your game considerably.

I just made a double batch of this for a family BBQ in a couple of hours - I used 1 Tbsp of green & 1 Tbsp of red habanero pepper sauce - I might have to put a warning on this..... I get complaints from the elderly & infirmed sometimes :)

I was all out of brown sugar so I used all sucanat (evaporated sugar cane juice) in place of the white & brown sugars. Tastes good, I don't want to take the entire 32 oz with me.....I'd like to keep some here.

I have used this recipe, but I doubled it... and then added an entire bottle of KC Masterpiece original to it.

I know it sounds odd, mixing mustard and ketchup based sauces together, but OMG is it good... and a KCBS judge asked me for the recipe (I don't compete, he's my friend). It's still too spicy to use in competition (according to him), but I have never had anyone try it who did not love it.

Just thought I'd share that...

Topped for those who haven't seen this recipe. It's absolute money if you mix it with a sweet ketchup based sauce.

Back