Grilling pizza using MamaMary's Pizza Rounds

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
A couple of days ago I received my Grill Mates for my 22.5" OTG. Packaged was an information broshure that highly recommended MamaMary's Pizza Rounds. I happened to be in a large super market yesterday and picked up a two round package of "Thin and Crispy Crust and a two round package of "Traditional".

Tonight the wife and I decided to grill a Thin and Crispy Crust. We had picked up some nice looking (and tasting) fresh green figs and some proscuitto along with some fresh Mozzarello Cheese (planning ahead:eek:). The pizza rounds are packed with a plastic bag for the unused crusts. Pretty dern good idea, huh? At any rate, we decided to do a simple pizza that is often eaten in Europe. We spread extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) on both sides (just pour a bit on and use your hands to spread), then we took pieces of mozzarello cheese, sliced coins of the fresh figs, and pieces of prosciutto and some pieces of Canadian Bacon. We did not load the pizza down.

I used my regular pizza set up with a pizza stone up on two fire bricks to raise the stone up into the dome. The pizza was finished in seven-eight minutes. The pizza was crisp (as advertised) and had good flavor. Definitely would suggest the MamaMary's to anyone who didn't want to fool with making their own dough. I LOVED the fresh figs and the prosciutto and Canadian bacon added a nice complement of flavor.

The next time, I will add some grated garlic - it was missed on the first trial.

I have taken pictures but PhotoBucket is haywire tonight and won't let me upload. As soon as that is cleared up I will post the pictures.

Here are the pictures:
Pizza built on the peel:

MamaMarysPizza9-2012-4240_1600x1067.jpg

Pizza on the stone in the Weber:

MamaMarysPizza9-2012-4242_1600x1067.jpg

Pizza finished on the peel to deliver to the kitchen:

MamaMarysPizza9-2012-4243_1600x1067.jpg

Dale53

Last edited:
Thanks, Morgan.

If you like thin crisp pizza, you ought to give these a whirl. I plan on trying the "Traditional Crust" in a few days. I'll report back...

Dale53

If you haven't tried fruit on a Pizza, you might want to try it. Pineapple and Ham always works well. Fresh figs are some of my favorites, as you can see. Pepperoni and drained, canned Pineapple are two of my favorites.

Dale53

Back