Transporting 22.5 OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewW

This summer, my family and I are going to Duck, NC for a vacation. I want to bring my 22.5 OTG but have no room on the inside of my 2002 Suburban. Any tips on transporting this grill attached to the luggage rack? Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking right now of a almost complete dismantling of the grill and strapping the bowl and lid to the rack and placing the remaining pieces under the inverted bowl and lid. Thanks for any advice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This summer, my family and I are going to Duck, NC for a vacation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Andrew,

Duck is a beautiful area. Have you been there before? My wife and I were there in Jan to celebrate my birthday (actually we stayed at Corolla Light, about 10 miles further north). Very rustic and uninhabited that time of year, and we loved it!

Where are you living now?

Enjoy the vacation.

Ray

Duck is great; you'll love it there. While you have that grill strapped to the rack, go 20 minutes north of Duck to where the road ends in Corolla. Then keep going up the beach. Find a nice spot, park the car and fire up the grill.
icon_biggrin.gif

You might consider checking Craigslist in that area and buying a Weber Kettle in advance of your arrival. Pay by Paypal and have the seller hold it for you until you get there.

If you look hard you could probably find one in the $20 range that you could use all summer and then sell on Craigslist for the same $20 when the summer is over.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back