Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
________________________!
<span class="ev_code_GREY">(Please fill in the blank)</span>
Because, ____________________.
<span class="ev_code_GREY">(Please fill in this blank)</span>
Thank you!

The BEST Paella Pan is:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">____Carbon steel_____!
(Please fill in the blank)
Because, ____of even heat distribution___. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rita

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I use cast iron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>...and i use cast iron... the largest pan i have is 15" ...
is it good?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Worked for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well, there you have it!
Thanks Steve!
like i need another pan anyway!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've done it in a wok. Worked just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have also used a wok with success.

Ray

12" CI Skillet just like in Jaime P's recipe. Works just fine for me.

What time is dinner?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

A steel one.

Doing paella in a wok is posible but not adviceable because the rice need to be no deeper than a couple of inches.

What we do in Spain to get a marvellous paella is to drop some orange wood to smoke it.... try it if you haven´t yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A steel one.
Doing paella in a wok is posible but not adviceable because the rice need to be no deeper than a couple of inches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm listening to the guy from Spain.
icon_biggrin.gif

The carbon steel pans really do make a difference. They don't hold on to heat like cast iron, so you can toast the bottom without worrying about scorching it.

If you really like paella, I'd suggest picking up a carbon steel paella pan. They're pretty darn cheap and very versatile. They make the best cornbread odressing I've ever had...

Stan

According to Cooks Illustrated the best paella pan is the La Ideal Enameled Paella Pan. Its the only one they listed as highly recommended. I have not tried it myself.

This is what I used and man was it good! I did add a bit to much broth in the middle of the cook, so it was a little more wet than it should have been, but still tasty.

IMG_20120110_190938.jpg

IMG_20120110_191114.jpg

Back