Best Store Bought BBQ Rubs for Ribs, Chicken??

No store bought for me, butt, I like a couple online rubs ... Texas BBQ Rub Original for ribs and WolfeRub Original (sparingly) for chicken.

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

For me, TexasBBQRub is my favorite, with the ORiginal being the favorite of their varietes. Just ordered 4 more pounds about 5 minutes ago actually!

Beings you're in Fla. and are asking for a store bought rub, I'd say Buttrub. The main offices for Buttrub are in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. So it should be readily available in your area.

If you decide to go online, I'd suggest Blues Hog Dry Rub. I like mixing the two together (Buttrub/Blues Hog) for pork and chicken.

Larry,

At the risk of being banned by my Q Brothers, but in an attempt to address the "store-bought" part of your question (
icon_smile.gif
), we like the McCormick Grill Mates line...probably available just about anywhere, and good for a quick, last-minute rub.

For chicken, we use the "Montreal Chicken" ; for ribs, the "Pork Rub"

HTH

Dean...

I grabbed a big thing of Lawry's Perfect Rib Rub and really like it. Should be easy to find.

Originally posted by D Larsen:
Larry,

At the risk of being banned by my Q Brothers, but in an attempt to address the "store-bought" part of your question (
icon_smile.gif
), we like the McCormick Grill Mates line...probably available just about anywhere, and good for a quick, last-minute rub.

For chicken, we use the "Montreal Chicken" ; for ribs, the "Pork Rub"

HTH

Dean...

I agree, with the McCormick Montreal Chicken, just did a fryer this morning using it, good stuff. McCormick also sells pork, chicken, and turkey rubs. I use Blues Hog for ribs, but that isn't exactly store bought....you have to wait for shipping.

Brandon

I'll throw in another vote for Bad Byron's ButtRub.

That was the rub I started with when I got my smoker. I have moved on to some of the online rubs and have even made 3 or 4 myself from recipes on this board, but I always keep some ButtRub around.

It seems to be a fan favorite. I have had friends and family ask specifically for it when we were planning a cook.

I've never done any head-to-head comparisons, but I like Wolfe Rub (Original and Bold), and Texas BBQ Rub.

Wow, thanks for all the great responses!!

I think i will get online and get some Texas BBQ Rub and some Butt Rub.

You guys rock,

Larry B

Although I almost always make my own, I have tried Wolfe Bold (and due to my order being misplaced was also sent the Citrus). Both are quite good - the former on brisket and the latter on chicken. Actually, the bold was really, really good on brisket....I also got the Galena chicken as a gift and it is quite good as well...did I mention that the Wolf Bold was really very good on brisket???....

I agree with D,McCormick's makes a great rub. Also,if there is a Food Lion near,try Stubbs BBQ rub. The BBq rub is real good and the chile-lime is excellent!

The Salt Lick rub is heavy on pepper and I love it. Also use JackStack as well, often combining both of them.

Back