Beef Tenderloin "Chain"

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
So I bought a beef tenderloin for V day and carved it into steaks, now I have this piece of meat that is referred to as the "chain." What if anything does anyone do with this?

I mince it finely, alone or with shallots or duxelles, and use it in fillings for apps like mini versions of beef Wellington, or in filo, or as a spread.

Tenderloin tip sammies here. Some butter, woosty, onions and garlic sauted in a pan till desired doneness. Use a long roll, hoagie/sub roll with some Hellmann's, cheese of choice and pile in the tips, man that's some good eats there boy!
icon_wink.gif

The seal on my vac sealed bag broke so I had to take this out of the freezer. How would this "chain" work for Carne Asada? I'm thinking it should work great! Marinade in some lime juice, tequila and a Carne Asada seasoning my SO has and it should be pretty good, no?

EDIT: We have a winner, made excellent carne asada. Marinaded overnight, did it direct for about 5 min. each side over med/high heat. Some of the best carne asada I've had.

Back