WSM Smoke Day in Tennessee

(This is the maiden voyage for my WSM...got it from Amazon via tvwbb.com link on Friday and fired it up Saturday morning)

For this day, we went with Loin Back ribs on sale from the local Mega Lo Mart.

Prepped and on the cooker at about 8AM:

After about 2 1/2 hours at ~240, they came off for foiling. They cooked in foil for about an hour. After removing the foil they went back on for a little under an hour. At that time, they looked like this:

(I like dry-rub ribs with sauce on the side.) Anyway, after resting in loose foil for about 20 min., they looked like this:

They turned out well. I cut my BBQ teeth on an ECB and eventually moved to a large cheap offset smoker. It could make some decent ribs, but often it would take enough fuel to power a small European nation to do it. This cook took about 7 or 8 lbs of Kingsford (didn't need that much) and a few hickory chunks. I am simply amazed at the efficiency and ease of use with the WSM. Here's to hopefully many more cooks. Thank you all for this site.

-Mark

Nice job Mark. My experience was similar to yours - had a cheap offset and it worked but required frequent feeding. Boy did I have a smile on my face when I first tried my WSM, saw how steady the temp was and how much more efficient it was with the fuel.

Oh, welcome aboard too !

Mark, that is one awesome maiden voyage you did outstanding job. Also welcome to the forum and will be looking for more great cooks.

Great looking ribs, Mark. Welcome to the WSM club, it sounds like you were quite pleased with its performance on your Marian voyage.

Back