IMGP6783.JPG

IMGP6846.JPG

IMGP7069.JPG

IMGP9502.JPG

IMGP9908.JPG

IMGP5274.JPG

IMGP5394.JPG

IMGP5283.JPG

Those are all spectacular photos, Bob. My favorite is the Gold Finches on the thistle feeder. (At least that is what our variety is called out here. That little guy in your last shot looks like he wants to come in.

You seem to know just what the birds like Bob, you have more variety than we do in your photos.
Here we see lots of sparrows, some cardinals, and a few hummingbirds, and once in a great while
a few blue jays. That rat with the bushy tail on your feeder needs some hot peppers, or a well aimed
sling shot.

Bob you have all my summer birds visiting you. My list from the feeders yesterday: Whitebreasted Nuthatchs, Chickadees, Goldfinches, Downie Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, Juncos, Starlings, a Crow, House Sparrows, Chipping Sparrows, Morning Doves and a red squirrel. Also had a Field Sparrow which isn't normally around here in the winter but it's been milder than normal here up until a couple days ago, it's probably making a beeline south as we speak. Outside temperature was around -20c all day. I need to get a good camera.

Bob,
I've had most all on your list visit our feeders too.
Last winter a Pileated came by and I was able to get a couple of grab shots.

IMGP9153.JPG

IMGP9148.JPG

Nice pics. I have a nesting pair in my bush or near by every year and get to watch the little ones learn to fly and look for food every year. They also make great holes in trees for the flickers and other tree cavity dwellers to nest in. I usually get cardinals, blue jays and redpolls daily but they weren't around yesterday. The Downie is loving the platform feeder because it has to chip out the peanuts and sunflower seed from the ice it's stuck in from our freezing rain the other day.

Very cool pictures Bob, all we have visit us in the summer is hummers and it would be easier to take a shot of a .45 slug coming out of the barrel of a 911 with my point and shoot than try to catch a shot of those feathered cruise missiles. But we do feed them and enjoy watching their antics.

Back