American Made Spatula and Tongs?

J Lee

Kind of like using US products when available, even at a premium. Anyone know of American made grill tools?

German made tools can suffice if no American ones can be found, so I'm open to hearing about those too.

Thanks

Yeah I did a google search before I posted. One very offensive BBQ spatula from Williams Sonoma (the flag as the blade of the spatula, no thanks). And a few kits of questionable orgin (craftsman has a set, but even though it says made in USA on the handle, it says PRC on the metal).

Even trolled the American made boutiques and found that there was zilch when it comes to grilling tools.

My advice is do what I do to find USA made items, look for new or used on eBay, craigslist, thrift stores, etc.
for eBay I'd try a search of USA spatula bbq or USA tongs bbq

Cutco makes a 3 pc. set, expensive and I don't care for the tongs style.
1709_p1.jpg

Got the Tongs: Edlund 16" from Sur la Table.

The people in the store thought I was a pro chef to want a specific tong. When they found out I wasn't they tried to show me the gimmicky other tongs and didn't understand why I wanted to pay more for a "featureless" set of tongs...

Trying to see if the makers of the Williams Sonoma spatula can make one without the flag on it (just seems so wrong).

A good American blacksmith/metalworker can make you anything you want, and it will last for your lifetime and go to your heirs.

I like Bob Corrells idea the best. Tons of stuff used to be made in the USA. And it lasts 2 lifetimes. Thrift stores , yard sales flea markets ...even antique shops are liable to have old American made kitchen stuff.
Ecko kitchenware was always American made and their stuff is bulletproof. I've got big Ecko kitchen spoons and spatulas that must be 60 years old and they are same as brand new.

edit: Edlund is a good company too. Vermont based , made in Burlington, USA.

Last edited:

Back