StraightShootin'CowboySteaks...

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
...with Toasted Cumin Rub.
Taken from the recently released "Weber's On The Grill Steak & Sides" cooks book.
Rub consists of cumin, mustard and coriander seeds toasted then finely ground (I used a BSN coffee grinder) with paprika, kosh salt, brown sugar, granulated garlic and cayenne.
The Victims. Two one pound bone-in rib-eye steaks from Sendik's. Gonna grill up, using this guy,{he's shy right now} some peppers (<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Pablano</span> and <span class="ev_code_RED">Red</span> and <span class="ev_code_BROWN">Orange</span> bells) and a big Spanish onion and some cobbed sweet corn, if I can rustle some up.
icon_smile.gif

Stay tuned... more to follow.
icon_biggrin.gif

Seasoned "Wayne" steaks with the cumin rub... from that photo, looks like TOO much rub on em...
gonna sit awhile now... see ya ina bit par'ner
icon_biggrin.gif

He's ba-a-a-a-ck. And you hit me in my weakness: bone-in ribeyes. Another fine job Jim. Bravo.
Penzey's: I think that's my next minor investment. We had bought a small asortment some years ago, but it's time to refresh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
Penzey's: I think that's my next minor investment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Gary, lemme tell ya, drivin' down the road a few miles to one of their stores is sooo ...
satisfying.
icon_biggrin.gif

love penzey's!

Oh ya another fantastic picture story by Mr. Lampe
icon_smile.gif

Jim you need to start buying extra meat for me cause I'm coming over for dinner
icon_wink.gif

I agree Penzey's is a great place to spend some money on great spices. There is one about 20 minutes from the house.

Jim - Thank God you finally got those Cowboy Steaks on the Grill and got them done. Now I can finally relax. I've spent 4 days trying to get my photo gig going so I can post some pix cooks and let you know what is going on in Western Washington and I've been needing just the break you afforded with the great Cowboy Cookout. Great job. I'm sure Liz is going to keep you around for another week or so. Looks great. Thanks for sharing. Bob B
icon_smile.gif

wsmsmile8gm.gif

Mister Correll, I can hear the Duke when I read that post...
<<thinking you've seen too many westerns
icon_biggrin.gif

...and WesternWashingtonBob, I'mlookin' forward to those photographic cooks!
It's yours Jim!
Thanks guys
icon_smile.gif

YeeeeeHaaaw, that looks good. Another outstanding meal by my favorite Wisconsinite.

I'm with you on the Jack. Give me a good scotch or an incredible dry martini any day over that swill...J/K, Jack is the drink of choice for 99.9% of my friends...just not my thing.

Jack isn't my drink of choice either.
icon_biggrin.gif
But in the absence of a good bourbon, it'll do. And I actually like to use it in cooking - it's sweet and a bit smoky, so it works well when cooking with fire.

Back