You guys may not believe this!

Hi Chiku,

This is Jon Tofte; I believe you were the recipient of the Weber kettle from here on the East coast of South Florida that I "agented" through the WKC at the request of Charlie. He and his wife are so nice! That was a fun set of grill exchanges, and I hope that nice kettle worked out well for you.

The grill in Lutz looks a lot like the "older" one the guy I bought from had disassembled. Same bottom platform. Nice that it has all three tables if you need that. For me I am actually trying to conserve space so I may just use one. I am hardly an expert on these grills, but I have learned that the base model ones have a cheaper "H" shaped burner, while the "bowtie" burner is considered more desirable. They now also offer a high-end infra-red burner set up as well. It would be nice to know which burner this one has. I also love cast iron, so I wouldn't look at the grates as a negative, although the stainless bar grates are REALLY impressive.

The grill in Tallahassee goes along with what Larry cited above about these grills having an older name "Warm Morning". I wouldn't be surprised if that one is well over 40 years old. They are so simple and solid that the basic main pieces will, in fact, probably last a lifetime. Parts aren't especially cheap, however. So, if you are thinking a total renovation with new burners, grates, etc. that $60 OfferUp price could multiply fairly easily. Some pictures of the internals on both of these offerings would be nice.

I am swamped with grill projects and many undone things around the house, but I am still eager to do a quick restore on the "older" one and finally get to try out a Broilmaster!

Yes Jon - that Kettle indeed was for me - thank you very much agenting that for me and will be my pleasure to help agent anything you want from this side of Sunshine state.

Thanks for all the insights, Let me try to get more pictures of that Lutz Grill and will seek further advice .

The one on OfferUp does not look bad. Has the older style cast iron waterfall grates. Many people pass these buy because they're not "flashy" with multiple burners and 100,000 BTU. I'd lay odds that one could be snapped up under $100

Back