Yet Another New Stove

Jay D in Jersey

Closed Account
Today's delivery marks the third stove we've had in the four years we've lived here( come October 20 or so). The first was what was here when we bought the place...a basic Frigidaire stainless gas range. Shortly before I remodeled the kitchen, my wife picked out a Blomberg gas range in late 2021. Well, after some issues and subsequent repairs my wife was just never happy with the oven temperature inaccuracies.
Sold a $2700 3 year old gas range on FBMP for $350...got no less than 60 hits.
Today they delivered the latest replacement. I pushed for a Wolf or Viking to put the matter to bed once and for all, but my wife is an outstanding chef and wanted a stove with at least one super high output burner which neither offered.
We didn't want self clean or any other electronics. This one fit the bill. Kucht KFC300x checked all the boxes. I installed the gas line and we did a burn off. So far, oven temps are darn accurate and the burners are excellent. Plus...it arrived with an all stainless door and kick plate plus the gray door and kick plate.
Tested everything and rock solid so far. Time will tell.

Attachments

• 66247585_094ce4a3-d32b-49e7-9d85-5facc3e70b39.jpg
    66247585_094ce4a3-d32b-49e7-9d85-5facc3e70b39.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Yes, very Teutonic appearance, how shockingly expensive was it,if you don’t mind?
I like it a lot!
A little over $3K with taxes delivered. It came with two oven doors and two kick panels. Stainless out of the crate and than a separate box with the color we ordered "cement grey". I swapped them out....three screws and just removing and replacing the oven door.

Seems interesting. Would love to know where they are built as well. Sadly like so many other mfgrs, if you want a dual fuel they're only available as "drop in" style. But if your kitchen is not designed for it you're SOL

Seems interesting. Would love to know where they are built as well. Sadly like so many other mfgrs, if you want a dual fuel they're only available as "drop in" style. But if your kitchen is not designed for it you're SOL
China...where many of the "consumer professional" ranges are made. Although, the Blomberg was made in Turkey. The new one has a 4 year parts and labor warranty. I'm ok with that as it's far better than most stove warranties.

Last edited:
Every time I light that POC LG stove I kick myself for succumbing to "it's a few days before Christmas and Renee has to bake". I should've said screw the baking, and waited for the parts no matter how much they cost to fix that Bosch. It was truly the best stove I've ever owned

Congrats on your new range! I am impressed that you were able to find a no-frills range with manual clean. My only gripe with the newer ranges is that the burners are not all equal BTU output. I prefer to decide what burner that I want my large pot to sit on as opposed to place it on the large burner.
Does your existing range hood keep up with the BTU output from the large burner?
More importantly what does your chef wife think of the new range?

Every time I light that POC LG stove I kick myself for succumbing to "it's a few days before Christmas and Renee has to bake". I should've said screw the baking, and waited for the parts no matter how much they cost to fix that Bosch. It was truly the best stove I've ever owned
My understanding is Bosch is one of those companies that make it difficult for homeowners to purchase replacement parts.

My understanding is Bosch is one of those companies that make it difficult for homeowners to purchase replacement parts.
Actually was not difficult. Just very expensive #1 and particular part needed would not arrive until late January and wife needed to bake

Congrats on your new range! I am impressed that you were able to find a no-frills range with manual clean. My only gripe with the newer ranges is that the burners are not all equal BTU output. I prefer to decide what burner that I want my large pot to sit on as opposed to place it on the large burner.
Does your existing range hood keep up with the BTU output from the large burner?
More importantly what does your chef wife think of the new range?
Thank you, Sir.
Range hood is rated at 400cfm. Range manufacturer recommends 450 or higher. I don't believe we ever have more than 2 burners and the oven on even when my wife is cooking for a crowd so I think we're good.

I don't know about their parts availability but the Bosch stoves we looked at were too tech/electronics heavy. Same with the Miele stoves. Definitely didn't want self clean and I'm not as sure how "steam clean" ovens even work.
A $5 can of Easy-Off and manual clean are just fine.

China...where many of the "consumer professional" ranges are made. Although, the Blomberg was made in Turkey. The new one has a 4 year parts and labor warranty. I'm ok with that as it's far better than most stove warranties.
Dacor is still made in Calafornia, however the company was sold to Samsung in 2016.

<scratches head> Ummmm..... picked up a replacement door spring kit (upgraded, actually) for our Bosch dishwasher, from a local distributor. I haven't investigated Bosch stove parts, but I'm going back to the same place tomorrow for replacement modules on a Frigidaire Professional series stove. Prices are a bit higher than online, but they seem to have an awfully wide stock.

<scratches head> Ummmm..... picked up a replacement door spring kit (upgraded, actually) for our Bosch dishwasher, from a local distributor. I haven't investigated Bosch stove parts, but I'm going back to the same place tomorrow for replacement modules on a Frigidaire Professional series stove. Prices are a bit higher than online, but they seem to have an awfully wide stock.
Plus...there is something to be said for getting it right away. Not too many of those appliance parts stores out there anyway.

<grumble> And went back to pick up parts this morning. One right, one wrong, and very obviously wrong. Finally figured out that even though the order was checked yesterday, I ended up with a box from the wrong warehouse, wrong part number and obviously, wrong part. Gent behind the counter had no idea how, what or why the order got switched around. Somebody had to have shuffled boxes on the picked rack since yesterday. So, I'm still waiting on parts.

<grumble> And went back to pick up parts this morning. One right, one wrong, and very obviously wrong. Finally figured out that even though the order was checked yesterday, I ended up with a box from the wrong warehouse, wrong part number and obviously, wrong part. Gent behind the counter had no idea how, what or why the order got switched around. Somebody had to have shuffled boxes on the picked rack since yesterday. So, I'm still waiting on parts.
<chuckle> Part shows up at the distributor this morning, Off I go. Get there and get handed the part I've already replaced. "This won't do me any good, I've already gotten it, and installed it." Cue the counter staff rant, not directed at me. Apparently, the gent behind the counter I'd been working with this week is known, and not in a good way. Finally located the right part, all the while getting an earful between the 2 gents out at the counter. Somebody is gonna be having a very bad day.

Worst part is that I may actually be fighting a firmware issue. All of the control modules have been replaced, and as near as I can tell, the indicator wiring is solid. I may have actually found a work around, amazingly enough.

Back