Yes, that says 116° today

Boooooooooo just booooooo.
I need AC!!
I have 3 fans in my bedroom trying to get me ready for bed.
No AC on the peninsula, times are a changing.
You might look into a mini-split system. No ducting required. We added one to our sun room, it runs on 120V, and turned a sauna into a living space. Plus, it provides heat in our 3 days of winter here in Florida.

My son told me it was 116 in our section of Danville the other day.
Our area is warmer than most others in town.
My moms area of town is normally 4-6 degrees hotter.

On a bad note,
Our chickens didn’t make it.
They had plenty of water and shade.
It just got too hot.

I‘ve had chickens for over 50 years and this was a first.
It was my fault for not being there and putting a sprinkler on them.
:(

My son told me it was 116 in our section of Danville the other day.
Our area is warmer than most others in town.
My moms area of town is normally 4-6 degrees hotter.

On a bad note,
Our chickens didn’t make it.
They had plenty of water and shade.
It just got too hot.

I‘ve had chickens for over 50 years and this was a first.
It was my fault for not being there and putting a sprinkler on them.
:(
Watch out Nashville, it’s Danville HOT chicken!!
FD381E3F-BB6A-4758-8EC3-23DDCB8934C6.jpeg

I think humidity was 11% today. I grew up on the east coast and can relate to humidity. We don’t miss humidity one bit. It was gross.
Yes, it's all relative to the humidity. We went by Salt Lake City with temp just over 100. Stopped after 1:00pm and ate our packed lunch at a Rest Area table in the shade -- very pleasant. Add our NC humidity, it would be less nice.

Just turned the furnace on to get the damp off the house today. Not even making it to 60 last 2 days. Almost turned on the AC Saturday though :unsure:. Couple days mid 80s coming back. Gotta love the Midwest and no alligators either

I turned off my AC late Sat nite. Opened the windows yesterday morning just before that big storm hit.
I had rain blowing in on all four sides of my house. I've never seen that happen before, usually from the west or north.
Neighbors tree got split in half and landed half on his roof and took down his shed.

Yeah, when I moved to Colorado in the mid 90s, AC was totally optional. Today, no one would think of building a house without central air. But since we have very low humidity, you can sorta get by with a swamp cooler or whole house fan.

Denver has has 64 90F days this summer, third most all time. 2020 was #1 with 75.

Which is the reason we bought a small mountain house at almost 11,000 feet. While the skiing is good in the winter, we primarily spent the $$$ for the summer. No AC up here -- we have not had any days in the 80s this summer. And not much fire activity (thank god), which is a huge worry up here.

Hang in there guys.

Back