Year End Cleaning

JimS

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

I live in the northeast and it's getting to be about that time...I need to clean my Weber Genesis grill and put it away for the winter. Can anyone recommend and "easier" way to do this? In the past I have used a plastic scraper and a lot of elbow grease. Is there some kind of product I can spray on (similar to an oven cleaner) that will help?

Jim

What does living in the North East have to do with anything? BBQ is a year round activity, snow be ****ed.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Mills:
What does living in the North East have to do with anything? BBQ and is a year round activity, snow be ****ed.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_wink.gif
totally agree...
lower temps also are spit on in these parts...

Just gettin' warmed up up here in Albany. I actually enjoy smoking in the winter more. Something about freezing you butt off in the dark getting the coals going. Then again I hate the summer heat, so that probably explains it...lol.

Hi all,

@Cory Elks: I'll check out krud kutter. Thanks!

@ everyone else: I knew I'd get a bunch of people saying that.
icon_smile.gif
I rent and the way things are set up, I really can't grill in the winter. I could smoke, but no way will I be able to use the gas grill.

Jim

Greased LIghtning in the yellow bottle at Home Depot works great not only on grills and smokers but on your clothes too, if you get BBQ stains on them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if you get BBQ stains on them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
IF
icon_confused.gif

Pretty much automatic in my world.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Y'ah s'posed to clean 'em?
icon_biggrin.gif

Winter time is the best time fer smokin. Nothing like the smell of hickory n ribs wafting through the air.
I clean mine once a year at the local steam and suck (truck wash). Blow out the big chunks.

And you can cold smoke in the Winter, which means smoked cheese. I really don't like much else about Winter, but a couple pounds of smoked cheddar eases the pain.

We live just north of the Blizzard Capital of the U.S. (Buffalo, NY), and we grill all year long.

The grills get shoveled out before the drive and walkways after a snow storm.
icon_biggrin.gif

My buddy's gassers get trashed throughout the year, and he showed me a pretty quick cleaning method. Cover the grates with tin foil, and if possible put a brick or 2 on top to prevent the foil from moving.

***FIRST REMOVE YOUR GREASE TRAP***

Fire up all the burners on high for a little bit and watch your temp. You don't want it getting to hot, if so turn it down a bit. The foil will reflect the heat back down and burn everything up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidb:
There's a year end for grilling?
Not in Michigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blow the snow and let'er go!!!

Another Michigander

Back