YEA!!!!! It's here-HAPPY NAT'L CHICKEN WING DAY!!!!!

Just by accident we are also having wings tonight.....going to get my part wings here in about 20 minutes.....
Might make 2 kinds!!!!! Flaming hot jerk included!
We needed to pick a protein that I could cook in the house in case it is raining.....on and off for days and surprise rains to boot.
According to the forecast I should be able to get the E6 going and get some good old 600 degree crispy wings going......
Was going to go with the Vortex after all this vortex talk but I know what the E6 can do in comparison.
Should we post our wing cooks here then?

Last edited:
High today 106.... the wings are safe until it gets a whole lot cooler.
I can’t believe how hot its been in AZ. My niece has been living in Tucson for about 10 years, recently she’s been talking about moving back to PA. Guess she’s had enough!

Just by accident we are also having wings tonight.....gong to get my part wings here in about 20 minutes.....
Might make 2 kinds!!!!! Flaming hot jerk included!
We needed to pick a protein that I could cook in the house in case it is raining.....on and off for days and surprise rains to boot.
According to the forecast I should be able to get the E6 going and get some good old 600 degree crispy wings going......
Was going to go with the Vortex after all this vortex talk but I know what the E6 can do in comparison.
Should we post our wing cooks here then?
Hi Darryl, if you have a recipe, please post it on the POULTRY thread, THANKS!!

I can’t believe how hot its been in AZ. My niece has been living in Tucson for about 10 years, recently she’s been talking about moving back to PA. Guess she’s had enough!
This by far is the hottest year we've ever had. Last 25 days have been over 100 degrees and multiple days over 110 degrees and we live in northern Az in the mountains at 5600 ft.
My daughter lives in Surprise Az which is just northwest of Phoenix. They have had 20 straight days over 112 and as high as 118.

It’s just lIke every other year here for heat.
My jerk spice is from Oakridge so there is no recipe…..it rip’s your face off though it’s so hot..
Also have Oakridge death dust….this makes the jerk awfully timid.
So maybe 3 kinds of wings, death dust, jerk and just regular bbq.
Picked up a new to me Lane’s bbq sauce today….…it’s called “ lil spicy “, parts of my body are going to pay tomorrow!
I have been good with not drinking, I worked today and everything at work and after work has turned to ” poop “ so now the E6 is ready to go I can relax and we are going to enjoy the rest of the day……hot wings and a whole bunch of beer!
Oh and a bunch of really good records are being played already.
Currently marinating in home made buttermilk and a rub called “ rub me mon “ which is an island fiery rub, it’s full of flavor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1
OK, to be honest, we are having our wings tomorrow night. DH wasn't able to make them for tonight. I hope everyone will enjoy theirs

2 plates ready for the Q…..just heating up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 2
This thing was going up in temps like crazy..l.cris wing time soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 2
Didn’t get the last of the pics out last night, apparently I wasn’t spelling words very good either.
Wings came out great, probably averaged about 525 on the cook and about 35 minutes on the grill.
Final pics, it just ended up being a sauce buffet.
Blue cheese, lil spicy and vinegar from lane’s and a hot honey garlic.
I keep trying new sauces and rubs from Lane‘s bbq….while nothing blows my socks off, each one is unique and pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg