Yay for me...I got my 22.5 today!

Jim Hegarty

Hello,

I'm a proud new pappa, to a 22.5" smoker! I've been using my Weber Kettle 22.5 Gold One Touch grill to smoke for a little while now, and while it worked great I was wanting a little more temperature control, but most of all...more room to smoke meat!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Regards,
Jim

congrats! welcome to the addiction. and welcome to the sight!!
icon_smile.gif

Congrats!

I too used my 22" kettle prior to this to smoke some briskets and ribs and once I got the fever I had to get a WSM.
I was fortunate enough to take advantage of the HD clearance pricing on the 18" models but I eventually sold them all and bought the big daddy. I am SO GLAD I did because the 22" is HUGE !!!

Welcome!

A word of warning....you now may find yourself spending a completely inordinate amount of time wandering aimlessley around the meat counter of your grocery store. At least thats' what my wife tells me.

Since I got my 22" in August I have smoked so many things my friends think I am crazy. One friend said, "You seem to smoke a brisket every weekend!" It's not quite that often but I am definitely addicted. It helps to have a Sam's Club membership for the briskets and butts (and the full slabs of ribs.)

Enjoy!

Back