WTB- Bottom Tray(Drip Tray), and side and bottom durawood shelves for Genesis 1000Lx restoration

Geoff_C

Hey all, looking for a decent serviceable drip tray, and a left side shelf and the two shelves under the cookbox (or just the metal brackets that the durawood slats mount to) for a 1996 genesis 1000 LX that I am renewing. Thanks much!

So, are you looking for the drip pan that the red arrow points to or the smaller catch pan under it?

Also, are you looking for parts A, B and C to include the Z brackets for them?

Do you need the swing shelf as well?

1000lx.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for the larger pan, and parts AB@C, or even just the Z brackets for all 3. My swing shelf is in great shape, as well as the durawood for the other 3 parts, it is just the Z brackets that are rotting out. My folks bought this grill new in 1996, and it has lived in a carport since. Im pretty sure that the Z brackets on parts B@C are in such bad shape because of the foot and a half water during hurricane katrina in 2005. Have been using it regularly since 96, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, great grill!

It is getting real tough to find decent Z brackets. I can lend you three options.
1. find someone on this forum willing to give some up and make a deal with them.
2. Find a donor grill and scavenge them off that grill and hopefully get the drip pan in the deal as well.
3. There is a guy out in california that makes them out stainless steel. They are basically identical to the factory ones, only stainless and don't come painted...just shiny stainless steel. But you can paint them if you wish.
You can contact him (Dave Santana) through this craigslist add. Just contact him and tell him what you are looking for and he will give you a price.
I would just find a donor grill to get a new drip pan. THey are not easy to come by new and they are expensive if you can find them.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks Bruce! I'll contact dave to see about getting some z brackets, and I am planning on starting to drive around the evening before trash days and look for a donor grill.

Hey, thanks Bruce! I'll contact dave to see about getting some z brackets, and I am planning on starting to drive around the evening before trash days and look for a donor grill.
Hi Geoff, I have z brackets in good shape. Send me a message if you are interested. Thanks Bill

Keep an eye on craigslist and Facebook marketplace for donor grills as well.

So, finished up refreshing my 1000 LX. Repaired firebox, shelves, fresh paint, new grates, ss flavorizers, ignitor, burners, control knobs. Cooks like it did when we brought it home in 1996! Thanks to everyone for the info and suggestions, and BPratt for the Z brackets!

Attachments

• IMG_20200527_141127257.jpg
    IMG_20200527_141127257.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 46
Hi Geoff, I have z brackets in good shape. Send me a message if you are interested. Thanks Bill
Hi,
I just picked up a 1995 1000 Red Head that I am going to restore to use as my "daily" grill.
I also am looking for the lower shelf Z brackets and some Durawood slats to build that shelf and replace some other slats.
I didn't know if by chance you had any more of the Z brackets or slats..??
Thanks in advance.

Here it is when I picked it up a couple of days ago..

Screenshot_20200531-194915.pngScreenshot_20200531-194940.png

Hey Daubie, sorry I don't have any extras, I bought a set used from BPratt. There is a guy in california that makes SS Z brackets. Go to SF craigslist and search "weber" and you will find his ads. That's going to be one sweet grill once you are done!
Geoff

Hi,
I just picked up a 1995 1000 Red Head that I am going to restore to use as my "daily" grill.
I also am looking for the lower shelf Z brackets and some Durawood slats to build that shelf and replace some other slats.
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 6229View attachment 6230
I might have some slats and Z bars I could sell. Tell me how many slats and what length of Z bars you are looking for.
Bruce

I might have some slats and Z bars I could sell. Tell me how many slats and what length of Z bars you are looking for.
Bruce
I think I would need 12 slats and 4 of the Z bars to make the lower shelf under the fire box on my 1000, or get the wire rack that it came with originally.
Thanks

Is this the bracket

Attachments

• 40471F0E-7910-4707-B82F-92517339582D.jpeg
    40471F0E-7910-4707-B82F-92517339582D.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 0E31199F-35B5-443E-BE2A-54DED6B866BD.jpeg
    0E31199F-35B5-443E-BE2A-54DED6B866BD.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi,
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 6229View attachment 6230
Sorry, but I don't have any in process pictures of my mild restoration of the 1000. I didn't really run into any issues with it, so I didn't do anything different than what has been well documented numerous times on this fine, knowledgeable friendly and helpful forum.

Here are a couple of pictures of it in its present state.... Scored another parts grill today, so may end up putting together a Durawood lower slat shelf for it, and use the wire rack on the Silver-B..
IMG_20200610_200900235_HDR.jpgIMG_20200610_200811959_HDR.jpg

Back