WSM vs. Hurricane Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ir

TVWBB Member
As I live on the space coast, we have @22 "immigrants" from Tampa area coming in. I am cooking 4 Butts today and it will be interesting to see how the mighty WSM stands up to Hurricane Charley!!!

I had so many good plans for the weekend, including smoking a 3.5 pound corned beef. Damn Charley. I only hope it's strong enough to knock out Tampa for a week. Nothing personal to an Tampanians, but I really want next week's business trip to be cancelled.

I don't think the rain is what you have to worry about. Probably won't have 145 mph winds where you are, but I'll bet they are gonna be strong! I doubt the WSM could handle anything over 35 mph.

I was kinda dissapointed. I was hoping the hurricane would hit Louisiana and come up through Tennessee. We had 2 hurricanes do that in 2001, got 5 inches of rain apiece out of them. It is a nice day here. The high is 70 degrees.....IN AUGUST!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian L.:
I was kinda dissapointed. I was hoping the hurricane would hit Louisiana and come up through Tennessee. We had 2 hurricanes do that in 2001, got 5 inches of rain apiece out of them. It is a nice day here. The high is 70 degrees.....IN AUGUST! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If it's all the same to you, we'd prefer you just get out your lawn sprinkler.

I'm in Clearwater this weekend on business. We've had more rain in the past half hour than we had all day yesterday. Tampa dodged the bullet big time.

Well I did not get to smoke the butts as the storm took a north easternly path...I expected to watch it go more northernly when I posted this thread originaly. I am smoking them now and they have been on since 5:00 p.m. yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back