WSM success @ tgiving 03 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

despite some on and off rain in atlanta, my first smoked turkey was a success! granted, it was pretty easy w/ the WSM /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thanks for all the tips and great reading!

DSCN2890.jpg

DSCN2891.jpg

if anybody's bored, here's some of the other pics from the food fest-
http://greatwallofchow.com/gallery/thanksgiving2003/

Dave --

GREAT pictures!! Looks absolutely edible!! You did a bang-up job! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cat looked a little nervous, though!

Dave,

Welcome to the Forum. Glad the turkey was a success, and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Beautiful bird! And I WOULD see all your great pictures when I'm hungry... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Question - you have a loaf pan on the corner of the table with a browned meringue on top. Might I ask what that is?

Keri C, Still Smokin on Tulsa Time (and gettin' nosy about other folks' menus...)

Keri-

That was a delicious pan of bananna pudding /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hey Dave,

Good to hear from someone from Hot Lanta.

Thanks for the pictures. How long did it take to cook the turkey and what temp?

Sonny-

The 17 pound bird was injected w/ some cajun 'butter', cooked at 320 (at the lid) for a little over 4 hrs. I put 1/2 an onion, 1 medium apple and 1/2 a lemon inside the cavity to add some additional aromas.

Turned out pretty tasty w/ the gravy made from the drippings collected from the water pan!

Great looking turkey Dave, congratulations. Too bad about Starly with that third arm, must be hell buying her sweaters. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back