wsm mod awesome

Noe

TVWBB Wizard
Have been wanting a new 22" wsm but price is a little steep. Bought an 22.5" one touch silver & mounted it on top of my wsm works perfectly. Had to remove the original grate mounts on the wsm to fit kettle with a tight fit. Bolted down the top kettle to the mid section of the wsm. Ran a bead of high temp silcone where both pieces came together let it dry & spray painted black. Did some bb ribs came out awesome. Did not use any more fuel than normal. Will post some pics soon.

"Smoking deep in south Texas"
Hookem Horns

??
icon_eek.gif
pics pics !!

that's the way i see it. i think that would cut down on the cooking space as you lose the bottom grate .

I don't understand....why not just smoke on the kettle. There was no need to butcher both. People have been smokin on kettles for fifty years. Sure didn't gain anything that I can see. But hey if it works.

The reason i mounted the ots on the wsm was for more room. I now have the top 22.5 grate & the top grate from the wsm fits perfectly where the charcoal ring goes on the ots. For the 3rd grate i just put some stove bolts to hold the water pan sit grate on top when needed. I never use water in the pan just for a heat sheild. I can fit 10 slabs of bb ribs all laying flat. 4 slabs on top & 3 slabs each on lower grates. 4 briskets & butts use the top & middle grate if needed. I will problably still get the 22.5 wsm for x-mas or sooner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
The reason i mounted the ots on the wsm was for more room. I now have the top 22.5 grate & the top grate from the wsm fits perfectly where the charcoal ring goes on the ots. For the 3rd grate i just put some stove bolts to hold the water pan sit grate on top when needed. I never use water in the pan just for a heat sheild. I can fit 10 slabs of bb ribs all laying flat. 4 slabs on top & 3 slabs each on lower grates. 4 briskets & butts use the top & middle grate if needed. I will problably still get the 22.5 wsm for x-mas or sooner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds to me like you've got it backwards. I think you put the WSM lid and center section on top of the OTS.

Back