WSM in colors!!!

Other colors would be nice as would the extra holes.

What I would really like is a 22.5 inch version of the wsm. I can drill the extra holes and even possibly paint if I was really gung ho. I even made my own 22.5 smoker but having the center section porcelin coated would be optimal.

I'd like to see Stainless Steel - nice brushed look, or, oh, oh, Chrome!
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by John Mason:
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
As long as you're going high-tech, I've developed quite a fondness for titanium since buying my last watch...
f763_1.JPG

If you made a WSM out of uranium, one of two things would happen. Either the charcoal would light itself or you wouldn't need charcoal. But you would need lead lined BBQ gloves.

Also, the government might show up at your house and ask where you got the uranium.

icon_smile.gif

Rusty

Of those colors, I would be interested in both Silver and Sky Blue.

What is needed to apply those paints? Can you just spray the primer directly over the WSM black, and then spray on the final color - or what?

First one to do it gets a prize!

They do sell Glow-in-the-dark paint now. Not sure about the heat it will take, but imagine walking to the port-a-pot at a contest at 3AM and seeing a glowing WSM!! You'd get several people to rethink thier contest drinking habits.

I'm seriously thinking of trying a new pain job on one of my WSMs. I just got a new cooker for comps. It's bright red with diamond plate. I'd like to try and match a WSM to it.

Kirk

Wait, how about white with blue markings??
when someone asks me what a WSM is, i tell'em
"my pit, about the same size as R2-D2"
colored white, should give quite the visual, don't you think?
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Daniel Cassady:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rusty Barton:
Has anyone tried high temperature stove paint on their WSM? It's good up to 1200F and now comes in a wide range of colors. My WSM is brand new, so I haven't tried it.

High temperature stove paint

Stove paint colors

Rusty

I've got an off-brand smoker of unknown branding...
I think it needs a new paint job...... hehehe.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't try it on the WSM but have suggested the Stove Brite to people making drum smokers and I'm tempted to try some red to match a couple Red kettles I have on my drums. I did paint one of my drums with Krylon high temp paint and I didn't remove the base paint on tne drum and it burnt off so you have to prep the surface for good adhesion. Other folks have suggested Brake Caliper paint as another alternative.

I wouldn't try it on the WSM but have suggested the Stove Brite to people making drum smokers

I made a magnum using a weber kettle and a drum. I bought some high temp paint at biglots for a buck a can and it worked out fine. I burnt a hot fire hoping the paint would just peel or burn off. Well it didn't. So I took all the paint off by hand. I sprayed it. I have been using it a year. I have one spot that a whole strip just peeled off. I am thinking I didn't get that particular area preped good enough. I just painted the drum not the lid. I may just have to try that. I am in the process of building another magnum so I may try it out. I need another deal on paint.
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by John Mason:
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Got my vote as well. Never need to worry about nicks in paint rusting. Also a bit more sanitary.
icon_wink.gif

Back