WSM if I already have BGE/kamado

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well we have been cooking on the BGE for a few years. The past year we've had more and more family/friends showing for get togethers. I showed my wife the WSM and said I'd like to get one and she agreed to it.

The problem for me is if it will make much difference. Or put another way, what will having the WSM allow me to do that I can't now? I've added a second cooking grate to the BGE to let me cook a little more. And already do indirect with a waterpan or fire bricks.

I'm just not sure if in this case it may just be spending money for no reason other than I want it. Which depending on who you ask, is a perfectly acceptable reason. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Brad

It will give you more grate area at a lower cost than purchasing another ceramic pit. The techniques for Low and slow are very similar.
cause you want is like you say good enough.
Jim

WSM is certainly more portable than a ceramic cooker, so you can go mobile with the WSM to some of those family get-togethers, if you like.

Regards,
Chris

The WSM will never, ever crack no matter what you do to it /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Um, for those of us who are naive, what exactly is a BGE? I get from the posts that it's a ceramic cooker, but can someone elaborate?

Thanks,

Kelly

Yep a ceramic Big Green Egg. Sorry about not being more clear, I figured everyone would know what I meant.
Now as for the crack comment, the shattered firebox and hairline cracks every where else add personality. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I hope the WSM goes on sale for $158 again, I plan to order it thru this site.

Thanks for the replys,
Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad Dixon:
[qb]I hope the WSM goes on sale for $158 again, I plan to order it thru this site.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If things go the way they did last year, it will be out of stock at Amazon until sometime in January. If you can't wait until then, try Walmart.com or bbqgalore.com

Regards,
Chris

Kelly
E-mail if you like, I have a BGE and a few of the Primo Ovals now as part of the cooker selection and would be happy to give you some info.
Jim

Thanks everyone! I went to the BGE site and I can now say I am informed!

Kelly /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back