WSM grate diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Schaefer

Hello all,

Chris does such a great job here, I simply accepted as true his stated measurements of: 18 1/2" upper grate, 18" lower. (See http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/parts.html about paragraph 6).

We went out and bought a 16" diameter pizza stone, and the wife was ready to mock me hard when it just barely fit. We bought our WSM in October, and it measures 17 1/2" upper grate, and just under 17" lower grate.

Has Weber decreased the size of the grill, or do they measure grill grates like 2X4s?

Thanks in advance,

Greg Schaefer

P.S. Looking forward to trying out the focaccia recipes in the recipes/baking section.

Greg,

Please tell your wife to mock me, not you!

I've taken lots of measurements of the WSM over the years, but not the grates. In the owner's manual, Weber refers to the top grate as 18-1/2", and on their Web site they say "two 18-1/2" cooking grates". I believe I got the 18" dimension for the bottom grate from the invoice when I ordered a replacement from Weber.

But to my great surprise, when I measured them tonight, the top is 17-1/2" and the bottom 17".

I've corrected the Parts page accordingly.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and sorry for the confusion!

Chris

What's that saying...

"Measure twice, buy pizza stone once." Or something like that /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back