WSM gloat

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Saturday was a good day. I went into the local Ace Hardware store for a 69 cent plumbing part. As always , I had to go look at all the outdoor cookers, especially the WSM. This is, I think, the only place I've ever seen one in person. I've wanted one for a long time, but just never felt like parting with that much money.

Well, this day I noticed that someone had stuck a price sticker for some Brinkman smoker on the WSM! I hurried over to a clerk and said, "If I can have that smoker for that price, I'll take it. But, I have to tell you, I think it's mis-marked. I think it's a Weber, not a Brinkman."

He said, "No, that's the price."

Bingo. I quickly bought the WSM for $79 + tax. The funny thing is that he seemed eager for me to take it. I think he was glad to get rid of the last unit. It was already assembled, too! The only thing missing seemed to be the owner's manual. I'll probably contact Weber about getting one.

I can't wait for the first use!

That's a great story! Maybe we should start a contest to see who gets the best end-of-season close-out price on a WSM!

I have $79...do I hear $69?
wink.gif

Regards,
Chris

What a deal. Sounds as good as when i got my Weber Performer a few months ago. Congratulations, the Weber Bullet is one fine instrument. I enjoy mine more each time I fire it up.
BG

$79! Ack. I got my big Weber kettle for $25 at Sears (display model), but it looks like I'll be haunting the season close-out sales to hunt for a second WSM. It's all about capacity ...

At that price, I may actually have a decent response to my wife's "You already have a half-dozen barbecues! What's the matter with you?"

Hey, cool!
I didn't realize Chris had the manual here on the web site! Is there anything about the WSM that you CAN'T find here?

Oh, and even though I've already got a big Oklahoma Joe's offset smoker, my wife was not a bit upset that I got this thing. She'll be really happy when I start using it, because her biggest complaint is that when I'm BBQing, I spend all my time at the smoker, tending the fire, etc. From what I've heard, this ought to be a welcome change!

Hey David!

I'm looking at things from the other end.... I've had a WSM for years, but wonder if, one of these years, when I win the lottery, I should buy a big offset rig. From time to time I find that the WSM doesn't have enough capacity to feed the crowds that seem to gather.

Maybe the solution is just to buy a few more WSMs? Maybe one big offset?

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of the WSM compared with the bigger rigs.

Thanks,

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back