Wsm 2820

Mark Wilkerson

I'm looking at an older WSM 2820. Can anyone tell me if the feet on the newer style will fit on the 2820? I contacted Weber but they couldn't tell me.

It seems like you need someone to verify the leg bolt centers on the new vs the old. My 08/ 2820 first center starts at 1 1/2" then 6 1/4". Thats butting the rolled lip on the bowl using a tape measure. Roughly 4 3/4" tween bolt centers.

Can anyone that owns the newer WSM measure the centers and help a member out?

Tim

I owned both up to two days ago and sold my older smoker so I can't help you exactly but looking at them as I did many times, I'm thinking they used the same bolt pattern otherwise there would be issues with the charcoal grate. Worst case scenerio, drill or enlarge the holes to fit and touch up with paint. The wider legs will most likely cover the holes or just use larger washers. In my opinion there really is no advantage to the difference in the bases other than the heat shield which on a wooden deck is more cosmetic than not. I know because I used the older model many times without an issue. Also I have heat shield matts underneath.

Seriously... There has been 97 views on Mark's OP and not one member with a newer 18.5" WSM can not measure the centers on the leg bolts??
Color me confused.:confused:

Tim

I would do it in a heartbeat, but I don't have a newer 18.5" at this time! Hopefully someone will help.

Regards,
Chris

Sorry misread the question...to the centre of the top bolt from the bottom of the lip is 1 1/2". From the lip to the centre of the bottom bolt is 6 1/4". I'm measureing 5" centre to centre.

Not sure model but my 92 base shows matching measurements to my 12. If they are off it can not be more than 1/4" which as GaryS said could easily be remedied. I have to believe they are the same, without pulling a leg off I can not be positive. Right now they are both 6' in the air stacked and covered, might be able to check tomorrow evening.

Everyone thanks for your assistance & willingness to help. I also located an old thread under the modifications forum (about 14 pages in) where a guy had replaced his old legs with the new legs. The holes were the same location but one of the holes in the heat shield didn't line up so he punched another hole.

Back