WSM 22 vs LBGE and Baby Back vs St. Louis Ribs

Both sets of ribs look awesome...Give grilling the ribs a try on your WSM you will not be disappointed, just remove the water pan, fill your charcoal basket about 1/3 full with unlit charcoal, light 1 full chimney and pour lit coals over unlit coals. Start grilling your ribs, in about 2-2.5hrs ribs will be done with amazing flavor you cannot get from smoking.

Both sets of ribs look awesome...Give grilling the ribs a try on your WSM you will not be disappointed, just remove the water pan, fill your charcoal basket about 1/3 full with unlit charcoal, light 1 full chimney and pour lit coals over unlit coals. Start grilling your ribs, in about 2-2.5hrs ribs will be done with amazing flavor you cannot get from smoking.
I hung mine with no pan last year, then finished in foil with butter and a couple tablespoons of apple juice (1/3 cider vinegar to 2/3 apple juice or cider).

Super tender and moist. My brother complained that they were "too juicy" but that's because he ate about a pound of them and washed it down with a thick milkshake the day after they were made getting a upset stomach as a consequence.

Other than that, got rave reviews all around. May try your technique this year.

Back