WSM 22.5, just assembled but not a perfect fit

Brad B

Hi all,

Ive just assembled my 22.5, and not super happy with the way the middle section fit into the base, is this meant to be a tight fit? When I sit it on top it needs a push from above to fit in securely. Also the lid when placed on top can be rocked side to side, the lid on my 22.5 kettle is rock solid.

Just wondering if this is the norm, will it affect my cooking etc ?

Can post a video if need be.

Thanks

My 22 came with a mid section tha must have been dropped somewhere along the line. Check yours not only for being round, but also for the top and bottom being true and level. My top was clearly caved in. If you can't get yours where you want it with a little monkeying call Weber. My experience with their customer service was great. They sent me a new middle section no cost and I had it in just a couple days. Weber might be expensive, but it makes it worth it when they stand by their product like that.

Hi all,

Thought I would post back my results, its been a headache!

First I contact weber USA and they cant help as they dont ship that unit to Australia, I contact weber aust, and they cant help as they dont get the 22.5" from weber usa.

So Im in a pickle with a brand new unit that is faulty, as you can imagine I'm not happy.

As a last resort I try amazon to see if they can help. Low and behold they were fantastic!!! They were sorry to hear about my issues and are sending out a new unit no questions asked. I must say this was exceptional customer service.
The way I hoped it would have been dealt with in the first instance.

So im patiently waiting for my replacement to arrive.

That is great that Amazon stood behind the sale. I have always had good experiences with them.

Maybe you could order some Nomex tape like this bloke did and salvage the original unit... Nomex Tape Mod

Back