WSM 22.5 Bottom Vents

Chris Hart

TVWBB Member
Brand new WSM 22. Seems like the charcoal grate is blocking my ability to adjust the bottom vents. Did I put together wrong or is there a mod to address? Any other must have mods for the 22? Sorry if this is already posted somewhere I poked around by didnt see anything

Chris
I-Que

The vents should move free, and not touch the grates.

The charcoal grid is were it should be?

A pic would help!

Chris, are the vents actually touching the charcoal grate? As far as mods, there are many good ones, I would recommend cooking on it a few times and see what ones would serve you best. The only mod I have done so far is to add two screws in the top of the door so I can turn the door upside down for high heat cooks.

I used to cook on WSMs all the time. 1st cook in 4-5 years on a WSM... AWESOME ribs

ribsjpg.jpg

The date code only gives you a general idea. They're all stamped and then later riveted to the bowls and lids. Then they sit in Huntley for a bit.. then they sit at Ace Hardware..

early on they had some probs with positioning the vents and that lower grate. i seem to remember them changing the angles that the vents were at so they could change some packaging. ugh. i hated that.

glad it worked out for ou.. thems some good lookin' ribs you had there... Nice work!

Hey Chris, I never knew you were a member here. For those that don't know Chris, his team .. I-Que .. won the Jack Daniels Invitational in 2009. Not to mention many, many other awards before and since then. A great team and a great group of guys! I still remember the fun we had at the Royal messing with you guys when we gave the one gal you had with working with you all of the Blues Hog garb and had her wear it back to your cooksite
icon_biggrin.gif
Good times buddy!
BTW: I have the same problem you have with my 22". I just don't sweat it, it doesn't really seem to effect the cook.

Thanks Rick, yeah when I got started this was one of the sites I posted to. Just looked at my join date here, October 2000. Wow. Hope to see you out on the trail this year

Chris

Back