WSK smoke day May 29th 😂😂😂

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Three slabs of St. Louis’ with magic dust on the WSK. Definitely doing my part smoking up my ‘hood.

Sides of grilled corn, macaroni salad, potato salad and cowboy baked beans (assorted beans in red sauce with bacon).

A full family table tonight with all kids and hot wife. Should be a nice dinner for 7.

1653869392598.jpeg

1653869419617.jpeg

1653869444901.jpeg

Enjoying the patio and watching the bees 🐝 do their thang on the lavender. Easily have more than 100 bees across all the lavender.

Good thing as my neighbor hosts bee hives and I support his hobby and buy his honey. Can’t get more local than that.

1653869626646.jpeg

1653869699599.jpeg

1653869720120.jpeg

1653869772892.jpeg

1653869835449.png

Love everything about this Brett - from using briquettes to buying your neighbor’s honey, and everything in between! Family’s where it at and it doesn’t hurt you really know your way around the grill.

Hahaha my el dorado hills buddy loves them coors lights, must be a Sac thing.
Looks fantastic. Backyard is legit and why we might retire down there.
Living the good life!! I would have liked to see the spread at the NorCal get together.

Hahaha my el dorado hills buddy loves them coors lights, must be a Sac thing.
Looks fantastic. Backyard is legit and why we might retire down there.
Living the good life!! I would have liked to see the spread at the NorCal get together.
When it a hot, they’re refreshing. And it gets hot here. Today was perfect though. Dinner was 75° outside. Couldn’t ask for nicer weather.

I’m sure we’ll do an event at my house. As you can see, I just like to cook 😀

Our lot is 1/3 acre, at the end of a court. Super quiet and nice. Owls, ducks, geese, hummingbirds, quail, and a bunch of others.

If ever you want to come up or if you’re here already, swing over, just let me know.

Fantastic looking ribs.
What's the purpose of the empty Weber charcoal basket on the left side of the charcoal grate?
I use the empty CBs to allow me to put less coal in all the while keeping the coals densely packed. Close contacts ensure that on a LAS cook, all the fuel will touch thus burn evenly as the cook progresses. The E6 held consistently at 250° through this rib cook for the 2 hours I needed LAS. Once the ribs were wrapped, I bumped it the heat for the finish and a little more heat after the rib for the corn to complete its cook.

The fuel was a combo of leftover JD and KPro with applewood pieces within the mix. If you have a E6, I recommend this trick so you can use less fuel and never fear a flameout.

Those plants look like Russian Sage. I have them in my backyard, bees love them. Food looks great.
Indeed, there’s Russian sage in there too. It’s interspersed across the yard. The blue lavender is bordering the patio, interspersed among Santa Barbara daisies. And the bushy plants is oriental fountain grass.

Alright; I'm gonna need you to fork over your ribs and beans. Those look awesome!
Truth be told, I didn’t have enough dry navy beans on hand so I used around 60% navy beans an 40% dry assorted beans soup mix (just the mixed beans, no powdered stock) as we buy beans in bulk at Winco. The mixed beans added a nice texture to this cook. Many years ago I’d used assorted canned beans and mix them up with bacon, sans the Boston red sauce, and call them cowboy beans and serve them with tri tips.

Dinner was well received by all. With only around 8 ribs leftover. I was exhausted from making everything, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn, beans and the three racks. I slept well last night. And still full this AM.

The wind is blowing north east and I can smell them from here.
As the kids came over they said they could smelll my cook from the beginning of the court. And that it kept getting better as they got to the house. I never smell my neighbors cooks. I don’t think they cook, smoke or grill. Sad 😢

Back