wrong grease tray Genesis refurb

Paul Warner

TVWBB Super Fan
I’m putting together a Genesis grill with a bunch of donor parts. Silver b frame and a firebox from a gold c which take the unusual #9913 flag bars. The silver b grease tray I have is not the correct fit as not wide enough, can anyone advise correct part number and availability? I could manufacture some custom support rails to accommodate tray i have but thats a plan B for sure

Also, is it possible to source the igniter switch?

Paul, I am not real familiar with the cook box that you have, but I do know it is different than the Silver B/C cook boxes. That is going to make finding replacement parts pretty difficult and likely more expensive. Plus the fact that the size of the cook box may not be completely compatible with the Silver B/C frames....Not sure, just a possibility.
Unless you have some real strong desire to use that cook box, I would try to find another Silver B/C cook box to drop in there.

I’m putting together a Genesis grill with a bunch of donor parts. Silver b frame and a firebox from a gold c which take the unusual #9913 flag bars. The silver b grease tray I have is not the correct fit as not wide enough, can anyone advise correct part number and availability? I could manufacture some custom support rails to accommodate tray i have but thats a plan B for sure

Also, is it possible to source the igniter switch?
The igniter switch is the same as the other older Genesis grills where the Igniter is held in with a nut.

Here is one set of offerings for that firebox. Unfortunately, no drip tray and flavorizer bars are discontinued.

Paul, I am not real familiar with the cook box that you have, but I do know it is different than the Silver B/C cook boxes. That is going to make finding replacement parts pretty difficult and likely more expensive. Plus the fact that the size of the cook box may not be completely compatible with the Silver B/C frames....Not sure, just a possibility.
Unless you have some real strong desire to use that cook box, I would try to find another Silver B/C cook box to drop in there.
Bruce, i think you are right. Will keep eye out for a silver b/c firebox

Paul, I have a Genesis Gold project grill from that era:

84E8300B-096C-41EC-A2FE-3B72C4E3DBB8.jpeg
The drip tray that fits this grill is the same as the one used on the early Genesis 1-5 and x000 models. This was an odd duck with five flavorizer bars but an original size firebox. I guess they were happy with the savings from cutting down to 5 bars and then decided to redo the design further by changing the firebox to the ones subsequently found on the Silver and later Gold/Platinum grills.

Paul, I have a Genesis Gold project grill from that era:

View attachment 63399
The drip tray that fits this grill is the same as the one used on the early Genesis 1-5 and x000 models. This was an odd duck with five flavorizer bars but an original size firebox. I guess they were happy with the savings from cutting down to 5 bars and then decided to redo the design further by changing the firebox to the ones subsequently found on the Silver and later Gold/Platinum grills.
Interestingly, those five bar cookboxes are still available new, and I always wondered if they would fit in a genesis 1000 frame. I still have a set of the five #9913 flavorizer bars I picked up on clearance at Ace hardware, and they work quite well in my genesis 1000 grill.

I picked up a 1000 years ago where someone replaced the 13 bars with a set of those 9913 bars. I couldn't figure out the origin of them, but I still have them. I need to dig in my pile, but I am hoping they are useable for refurbishing the Gold I pictured above.

I picked up a 1000 years ago where someone replaced the 13 bars with a set of those 9913 bars. I couldn't figure out the origin of them, but I still have them. I need to dig in my pile, but I am hoping they are useable for refurbishing the Gold I pictured above.
I'm sure the original owner did the same thing I did, he figured out they would work in his grill and bought them on the cheap. The old 9913's were a pretty heavy gauge stainless and seem pretty indestructible.

Jon, if not let me know. I have brand new set of Weber SS #9913 bars.

Back