Wow I am super sad right now. Chance to get genesis 2 didn’t happen :(

Leandro P

TVWBB Member
I thought I had found the deal of a life time. Saw someone had posted a genesis 2 late 80s in really good shape with rotisserie and everything. However wasn’t able to get through to the person they never responded to my multiple messages. Don’t think who ever it was knew how to use offerup well. I’m insanely sad I was so hyped. Hopefully whoever got it takes care of it.

Looked like a really rare model is that a brown hood on a genesis 2? Man I’m sad I missed this one.

jQGcZjy.jpg

88LhOmq.jpg

Leandro,

Sorry for your near miss. Yeah, some people on OfferUp, CL, etc. can drive you a little crazy. I think you are right that you were looking at a brown hood. Don't see that too often, but it was very stylish back in the 80's. Don't give up. Another one will come along. Maybe you can get lucky enough to find one of the very originals with wide wood slats and the metal tank gauge:cool:.

Yah, I have had several instances where I was looking for something particular with a grill and couldn't find it to save my life for a year or two. Then, all of a sudden, they are popping up all over the place.

Had you guys ever seen one like that ? I’m pretty sure genesis 2 not 2000. Didn’t have casters. All the ones I’ve seen restored never seen a genesis 2 with that lid. Only the 1986 original one with the different wood going horizontally.

Leandro,

Yeah, they kept that color for a number of years. The wide slats seem to have only been used for a year or so then replaced with the ones you normally see like on the one you were trying to buy.

Here is a link to the 1990 brochure that shows the 1-5 line and the availability of red, brown "chocolate" and black hoods for the regular models and gray or maroon striped hoods for the upper end ones:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?77535-1990-Weber-Genesis-Gas-Grill-Brochure

Very cool thanks for sharing that brochure. I hadn’t seen one like that restored here on the forums yet. But definately have learned a lot. From all the different posts here. I’ll keep an eye out maybe I’ll find another. For me it’s a nostalgia thing with the older genesis models. Brings back good memories.

Back