Worth restoring??

Rory Walsh

hello all! after years of believing wasps were nested in an old grill, we finally uncovered it today and found nothing in it. however, that has opened up the possibility of restoring it from being a random decoration on the deck.

do you guys believe this could be restored or if it is worth it? it has not been used in over ten years due to the person who used it not being around. i believe ive found a replacement for the bottom, but im not sure what to do. i plan on getting the serial number tomorrow if i can from the inside and doing some form of deep clean.

let me know your thoughts! if you have any cleaning tips on what to do it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_8550.jpegIMG_8553.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8559.jpeg
    IMG_8559.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 15
I would call Weber support. I think the last cabinet base I bought was around $70. That and new SS grates from Amazon and you are probably set. A picture of the whole grill would be helpful.

I would call Weber support. I think the last cabinet base I bought was around $70. That and new SS grates from Amazon and you are probably set. A picture of the whole grill would be helpful.
I suspect those flavorizers are worse than the depicted. It's not so expensive to throw stainless flavorizers in and sometimes the grates and flavorizers are a decent package deal. Also need to see pics of the grease trap.

hello all! after years of believing wasps were nested in an old grill, we finally uncovered it today and found nothing in it. however, that has opened up the possibility of restoring it from being a random decoration on the deck.

do you guys believe this could be restored or if it is worth it? it has not been used in over ten years due to the person who used it not being around. i believe ive found a replacement for the bottom, but im not sure what to do. i plan on getting the serial number tomorrow if i can from the inside and doing some form of deep clean.

let me know your thoughts! if you have any cleaning tips on what to do it would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 93464View attachment 93465
What area are you living in? Maybe I can help you find a cheap or free option with little to no work to get started grilling. I see you are in New England. I'm not sure what part but I just looked and I'm finding lots of great options for free or cheap that will get you grilling sooner.

Last edited:
after some discussion with my mother who would by the one buying it, it seems we have agreed to get rid of the grill and likely post it on FBMP to see if anyone is interested in it even if they scrap it for the metal. likely will be downsizing to a spirit as it would only be grilling small amounts. thank you all for your advice and i’m looking forward to picking up grilling soon!

Back