Woo Hoo Weber roti on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Finally found a deal on eBay for a new in box Weber kettle rotisserie.
$116 total, with shipping.

Gave up on the E-Z Que Company
icon_redface.gif

May get to spin my T'day bird yet
icon_smile.gif

Anyone turned one with the Weber roti??

Bob, did you get the basket type?
That is what I have, haven't done a turkey on it but 3 cornish hens at a time, 2 yardbirds at a time... even a coupla racks of bbribs...

I don't use it often enough now that you bring it up...

Jim,
No basket, just how ever it comes stock. Forks I guess?

That should be my next question, what are you all using for adding a basket?

oops!
I thought you were talking about the rotisserie for the Genesis Gasser...
...or maybe you are and I'm losing my fricken mind... it's only 2:30 and it's been a looong day. Gonna leave this plant now and go home to my grill. I mean my girl.
well, ... yeah, both of them.

congrats. will take some learning so don't get fustrated. yes, i've done a 12 pounder and it came out great. as to the basket, just measure yer clearances and get one that will fit though i think most will. do not get the cheapy ones. they get rusty easily. i know. just spend a bit more and get the stainless ones. will lsast forever.

When I do Turkey on the rotis. I just use the stock prongs and butchers twine and truse it up tight. I've never had a basket large enough. Birds are in the 10-12 lb. range. Keeping the seasoning simple and the smoke light with high heat (325-360 range) gets you crisp skin and moist meat.
Have fun with it and enjoy,

Thanks for the tips guys!

I hesitated buying one since I really didn't want it to be just a novel item, used once or twice then stored away.
I plan to keep it on my OTG, full time, ready to roll.

Costco sells boneless rib roasts for $6.99 lb, and I hope to roti one soon.

Have had my weber roti for 10+ years and it's still going strong. I've gotten additional tongs for it - but haven't gotten a basket for it. I think the biggest turkey I've done on it was 23 or 24 lbs - it was just about scraping the lid. Enjoy....

Congrats in the roti! A couple years ago ,the missus got me some food grade silicon bands that you can use instead of butchers twine. Very handy! PS- Pammi Claus has already told me that I'm getting a roti for the Genesis. Cool! I've missed the roti on the gasser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back