Wisconsin > Menasha: Mihm's Charcoal Grill

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
Mihm's is a brat & burger house and not a barbecue place, but they cook over live charcoal like several other places in Wisconsin's Fox Valley region and points east.

I actually last ate at Mihm's a little over 6 years ago, but my understanding is that it's still pretty much the same.

MihmsCharcoalGrillMenashaWI20150123_1.jpg

MihmsCharcoalGrillMenashaWI20150123_2.jpg

This is Mihm's signature ground sirloin steak sandwich, and while it was good it was a little lean for me. They use ground chuck for burgers so if I ever return I'll probably go that route. Note the Sheboygan hard roll instead of an ordinary bun, and the generous amount of butter.

MihmsCharcoalGrillMenashaWI20150123_3.jpg

Last June Mihm's closed after 64 years in business, and it looked like the end of an era.

But it's since been sold and the new owners reopened in December, with the only apparent change is that credit cards are now accepted.

If my recent experience is a valid indicator, Menasha is mighty glad to have Mihm's back. I tried to stop there on a Friday night a couple of weeks ago and it was packed. Every seat was filled and there had to be at least a half-dozen people waiting for carryout orders.

Back