Wireless thermometers

Stephen Ranti

So I have a Rotisserie for 1 of my Weber 22" kettles. Was looking into the Meat Stick X and Meater to keep track of temps. Anyone out there have any opinions on one over the other or any experience with either of them. Thanks!

DanHoo

TVWBB Hall of Fame
a few here have meater, meater + or meater block.

if you get a meater, I would get at least the plus

I have a pair of meter plus and its OK. I find the range from the thermometer probe and the "plus" box limited so I keep the box next to the grill and then keep a cheap android tablet near my patio and use that as the wifi bridge.

I don't think the meater is as accurate or fast as my thermoworks smoke, but the wireless part works great for rotisserie.

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
With a roti cook, I go to the “Treasure of Sierra Madres” option… I don’t need no stinkin’(probe)! That said, my wife did get me a “Meater“ which I’ve not even taken out of the box! Yes, I am hanging my head in shame!
But. In all honesty, the more I do, the LESS contraptions I find I need. Rotisserie cooks kind of go to the “minute per poundL concept as you are(theoretically) turning the protein into a “virtual” cylinder.