Wireless Thermometer Question

Pat McCreight

TVWBB Pro
I'm looking at picking up a wireless thermometer. I really only need it to do the following:
- Monitor pit temp
- Alarm if goes above or below preset temps

Any recommendations on what would work for this? Looking for cheap and basic. I don't need to monitor food temps or anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ET-73 does this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as far as I know the et-73 is the only therm on the market that has both high and low alarms. I picked on up to get me through the night at comps, and let me get some rest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russell Y:
ET-73 does this.

What others have you considered and eliminated? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks - I saw the ET-73 but was wondering if anyone knew of a more basic model.

I only know of the ET-73, which I own a couple of them. They are pretty good. Just wish the signal strength was a little farther. But, for now that's the best that we have. If you find something better, please do share.

I use the Maverick ET-73. I get a great signal inside the house about 50-75 feet from my cooker.

I have never had a problem with the signal.

Good luck!!!

Jim

I also am a ET-73 owner and like it for the over night peace of mind. I know there is a mod out there to extend the range if you need.

Again for the ET-73. Just make sure you program it correctly. Its not difficult but I found a way to screw it up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael G. (Canada Mike):
Also ET-73, but the range they claim is baloney. It's fine unless you have a floor or a wall in the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true but the mod to extend the range is well worth it. Now I can sit on the other side of my house with a few walls between me and the smoker and it works just fine.

Back