Wireless Probe Suggestions

Lesley M

TVWBB Member
I think i am going to try and do a HM with the wireless probe option.

Does any one have any experience with going wireless? If so what transmitter would you suggest?

I don't think there is a full wireless probe option, I'm pretty sure the wireless device only connects to weather station temp sender units, I am not familiar with any probe end wireless sender unit you can build....

If you want to read anything other than ambient temperatures, the only option is to build an lmremote board.

It's funny you should bring it up but I just found these boards yesterday when I was putting the extra 4.2.2 boards in the Drawer of Misfit PCBs. It's a full lmremote board I did when I made v4.1 that does 4 inputs and a output as well. Knowing what we know now about pushing 12V pulses across the analog section being super noisy, I wouldn't try to use this layout for an output mode.

This is a single input module I use for my fermentation controller that runs on a 3V battery. It uses the same lmremote concept except its probe is soldered to the underside of the board instead of a jack. It has been running on the same battery for at least 6 months continuously and it still measures 3.10V (was 3.12V out of the package, they die around 2.6V).

It really depends on what you want, which is why there isn't a standard design. Someone might want just a single probe, or 2 probes, or 4 probes, or 4 probes and an output. Maybe they'll want to power it from a rechargable lithium ion pack, or AA batteries, or solar+supercapacitor, or have it plug in for some reason.

Last edited:
I used it when first prototyping the servo controller. It worked great. I didn't make a board, just bread-boarded it up.

dave

Back