Wings!

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
My wife picked up a bag of frozen wings at our local super market. We have been doing business here for many years and learned their meat department is excellent.

The wings were already separated, frozen separately, and did NOT include the tips (which we discard, anyway. The advantage is everything is edible and you are not paying for a lot of waste.

I decided to use the exact same recipe as I do for "parts". That is, Cook's Country Classic Barbecued Chicken. I learned that the same cooking time applies and the same method works just as well with the wings as with the chicken parts.

If you like your wings spicy, you may want to add a bit more heat to the rub.

I made one addition - Cook's recommends that you puncture the wings all over (both sides with a sharp fork) before brining for for thirty minutes (do not brine longer). Since you are brining, remove the salt from the rub (the brining leaves you with plenty of salt in the meat).

I have NEVER had better chicken wings. The meat was juicy and the skin was rather crisp with layers of barbecue sauce baked on for "layers of flavor".

I made one change - I used Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce (a house favorite). If you want to know what the wings looked like, just look at the picture of the chicken pieces I did - they looked the same:

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...0069052/m/9061057916

You might want to raise your numbers as to how many wings per person - these are THAT good!

Dale53

Nice! If you haven't tried making the sriracha wing recipe that is posted on this site you should give it a go. Everyone raves when I cook them

Rob_Fox;
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can find some sriracha sauce tomorrow.

Always willing to learn...

Dale53

I use Sweet Baby Rays for all my Chicken needs. It's awesome. Try it on some full size chicken drumsticks !!!! YUM

Ruben Z;
I had some drumsticks a couple of nights ago. I do them the same way outlined above. Nothing but SCRUMPTIOUS!

We are of ONE MIND, my friend!

I used Sweet Baby Ray's sauce on a fattie I did this evening. It was about as good as it gets!

Dale53

Back