Will a genesis Silver B manifold fit a three burner 2005 Spirit?

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I don't do Spirit grills and I am guessing "no", but would a Silver B genesis manifold fit a 2005 Spirit three burner.

Actually, I think it would. I didn't think the Spirit 3 burner came out until 2007. At least that one is clearly a Chinese made replica of the Genesis with a plain control panel and not fold-down shelf. The guts are essentially the same as far as I understand.

Yeah, that is the Spirit model that is really just a dumbed down Chinese-made Genesis. I would be really surprised if the manifolds didn't interchange. In spite of it's production being off-shored, it still has the heart of a classic Genesis.

That one is actually a nice looking grill. I think I would paint that hood handle black, and source some black (don't need to be Weber OEM) knobs and spring for a new Weber black igniter cover. But, maybe that would all be overkill! :unsure:

It belongs to a guy who I had my sister pick up some Genesis 5000 parts from. He bought that one to replace it, but it is NG and he wants propane. I am trying to help him get it converted from 200 miles away.

That sounds like fun! 😨

Hopefully, a Silver manifold will connect to the firebox exactly the same. I would think it would. If so, it shouldn't be too bad.

I am getting trying to get some measurements from him. I have a Gold B manifold that I can compare the measurements on.

If the manifold is square tube you should be OK. The all the parts for Genesis and Spirit 2002 to 2007 or 8ish are interchangeable with the caveat you have to match the year in some cases. The Spirits had porcelain enamel flavor bars and cooking grids. The Genesis stainless or cast with flip up tables.

To be safe measure the manifold and measure the distance between valves and the valve stem height.

BPratt. Thanks. I think I am on the right track.
Thanks to everyone that has chimed in.

Bruce, I am also pretty sure it fits. As Jon pointed out the Spirit is basically a Genesis from the previous generation. Same dimensions. The only difference I am aware of is the missing welded on bracket to the frame to support the fold up tables. These Spirit grills only had condiment baskets on either side. But otherwise they were the same.

Thanks guys, I had him give me measurements off his NG manifold and they match the Gold B manifold I have.
I hope everyone had a nice Easter. Once we get through this week of crappy weather, I hope Spring finally arrives and I hope this Carona crap continues to fade.

“Corona crap” - that goes well with my “stupid virus” remark! What a difference a month makes. I was watching a You Tube video reviewing tools and the guy put on his mask to mark the “new reality.” He pointed out something almost funny: Before March if you went in some store wearing a mask you would probably be in trouble and asked to leave. A month later you are now in trouble if you go in a store WITHOUT a mask!😷

Back