Wife talked me into it... So hello

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
Cool website. Have been following for some time now, finally decided to join up. Great work to you heavy hitters- Chris, Tony, Bob x2, Mike, Jeff, etc. and hello to the rest of yall. The camaraderie and wealth of info out here is impressive. I appreciate all yalls tips, pics, and insight. Some of yall are clear experts. Really helps with new ideas and methods.

Have always loved to bbq. Used to be a lot of work – constantly fighting and adjusting the pit, the fire, open and close, open and close, and the meat was good but not great. In spring of 2011 my Mother asked me what I wanted for my birthday... I said a ‘Weber’ because Joe, best buddy and old-school Weber man, had one for years and it’s all he ever uses and the meat comes out so tender and juicy every time. Well, within six months after my birthday all 4 of my other pits were Craigs-Listed. Now I sit and drink a few bottles of cold beer and let the pit do the work, I never even lift the lid.

Specialty is steaks - USDA prime porterhouses and ribeyes, definitely a beef man. And baby back ribs. I bbq everything these days, usually 3-4 nights a week – briskets, chops, delicate fish, boston butts, fatty’s, you name it. All mine is low and slow, and sometimes lower and slower. Whats the rush. Have amassed 5 Silvers, 4 Golds, a Genesis and a Smokey Joe. And now Im sick too - yall got me looking for that steel handled oldie. Thanks again.

Don't touch the lid.

Back