Wide Slat Genesis - looking at adding this to the mix.

Hi All - this has caught my eye as a potential for a rehab and one to keep in the mix. Looks to be all there and $50. Enjoyed the recent wide slat post which was helpful and great to see what the finished product will look like. If this works out, I will post the rehab process and pics. Not sure how often these come up in the market.

IMG_4426.PNG

They aren’t very common, especially with most everything intact as that appears to have. Check out member MarkSiebel posts where he has done several.

Hope you get it. Everyone will enough lots of pictures as you go along.

They aren’t very common, especially with most everything intact as that appears to have. Check out member MarkSiebel posts where he has done several.

Hope you get it. Everyone will enough lots of pictures as you go along.

I am working with the seller now as they are willing to deliver it to my home. Also, asked if they were the original owners and they are so hoping it might even have an owners manual. That might be asking for too much.

Natural gas...are you good with that? And that external burner is different from anything I've seen, with the gas valve on the front side...this may be a very early grill! Wouldn't that be something if you had a N7 000001 !!!!

EDIT: No swing table...see if they have a swing table. Maybe they took it off.

Natural gas...are you good with that? And that external burner is different from anything I've seen, with the gas valve on the front side...this may be a very early grill! Wouldn't that be something if you had a N7 000001 !!!!

It looks very early. I have one of those side burners. Those bottom slats? If it's four wide boards, I would say it's '85-6. My dad's '87 had 8 narrow slats.

Gerry

That is the correct side burner. It matches the original Weber ads for the first Genesis. Pretty rare!

That is the correct side burner. It matches the original Weber ads for the first Genesis. Pretty rare!
Agreed. $50? If the control panel is in good shape, I'd buy it for $50 and you get a free grill. I could send back a panel that fits or a not so pristine period correct one.
Gerry
Gerry

Back